When you’re part of The New Community School, you become a part of a child’s life. That’s a role we take very seriously at TNCS – therefore, our hiring is very selective. But the rewards of working here are countless.
All faculty members serve as advisors to students and have the opportunity to assist in other aspects of the program, including extra-curricular activities and athletics. The school provides extensive pre-service and in-service training for new faculty, including a mentoring program.
Full-time employees of The New Community School enjoy:
- Individual coverage for health insurance (school covers 90% of the base plan)
- Option to extend the health insurance plan to cover other family members
- Dental insurance subsidized by the school
- Disability insurance to include short and long term disability supported by the school
- Retirement plan through TIAA with school support of 4% and an additional match of 50% up to 2%
- Subsidy for professional organization membership
- Support for continuing education, based on budget availability and approval by the Head of School, after a year of service
- The school also provides $40,000 of group term life for all full-time employees
- Flexible spending plans for medical and dependent care expenses are available, as well
The New Community School is an equal opportunity employer. The school provides equal employment opportunity to all employees, and job applicants without regard to an individual’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, disability, genetic information, military service, or other factor prohibited by federal law.
Upper School Learning Skills and Strategies Teacher – 2023-24