Facts & Figures
- TNCS offers a college preparation curriculum for 5th – 12th grade students
- Enrollment is approximately 200 students
- 85-90% of graduates go on to attend college
- Average class size: 2.4 (Language Fundamentals classes for remediation of reading, writing, spelling); 6.7 (academic classes)
- Over 50% of teachers have master’s degrees or above
- An 8.5 acre open campus located in one of Richmond’s historic districts
- The New Community School is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization
- The New Community School is an independent, non-sectarian, non-profit day school accessible to students regardless of race, creed, ethnic origin, or socio-economic background.
- Accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools* (VAIS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
*Founded in 1973, VAIS is the leader in advancing and advocating for independent school education in Virginia. The VAIS accreditation program is one of a select few recognized at the international level through the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA). VAIS also is recognized and approved by the Virginia Board of Education through the Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE).