The New Community School empowers bright, talented students who are challenged by dyslexia and related learning differences. The innovative and research-based college preparatory curriculum uses a customized educational approach to build skills in language and math and to foster academic and personal strengths – igniting the passions and gifts of unique minds.
The New Community School launches students with the knowledge, skills, and resilience to pursue their passions, navigate the opportunities and challenges of their world, and live their lives with courage, compassion, and purpose.
Our Guiding Principles
- We believe students with dyslexia and related learning differences have the potential to succeed through increased skills, self-esteem and the identification and development of their strengths and passions.
- We believe the blend of research-based academic drill and a rigorous college preparatory curriculum is the foundation of our unique program.
- We believe in educating the whole student. Our student life programs help maximize potential for success and promote positive citizenship
- We believe The New Community School has a responsibility to determine ways in which it can serve the educational public, including the encouragement of professional growth and educational research through the sharing of proven approaches and instructional strategies for working with the students we serve.
- We believe this program should be available to all students who are appropriate candidates.
TNCS will work to build an inclusive community where each person feels seen, heard, and appreciated.