Portrait of a TNCS Teacher: Pillar 5
Teachers collaborate with other professionals to improve the effectiveness of their learning community.
- Collectively plan instructional programs that promote continuity within the curriculum and support equitable learning experiences for all students
- Observe colleagues in the classroom and engage in pedagogical discussions
- Help colleagues identify and solve problems
- Think strategically across grade levels
- Work as members of a team(s) sharing knowledge, skills, and contributing to the development of the school.
Teachers work collaboratively with families.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, and guardians
- Encourage families to be active participants in their child’s education
- Advocate for and address student needs
Teachers work collaboratively with the community.
- Cultivate their students knowledge of their school and local community
- Engage various community stakeholders as instructional partners
- Promote and acknowledge diversity within their community