Weekly Update: June 2 – June 5
Posted by TNCS on Jun 1, 2018
Saturday, June 2
- Exam Make-ups
- SAT (Saturday and Sunday)
Monday, June 4
- Last day of classes, noon dismissal, Tier 2
Tuesday, June 5
- No classes
- Graduation, 5pm, Activities Center, all-school event, Tier 3
Lost and Found
Don’t forget to check the Lost and Found before leaving for the summer. Items are currently located in the back of the gym through Monday. Items not picked up will be donated.
Monday is the last day of classes. It is important that all 5th-11th grade students are at school to attend their classes and a closing assembly. They will have a noon dismissal. This is a normal Tier 2 day. Requirements for 12th graders are:
- Seniors who did not take an exam need to arrive at school by 10:15am.
- Seniors who did take an exam need to report to that class in the morning. Class start times are as follows:
- 1st period: 8:18
- 2nd period: 8:41
- 3rd period: 9:04
- 6th period: 9:27
- 7th period: 9:50
Tuesday is the 2018 Commencement Ceremony at 5pm in the Activity Center, with a reception to follow on the green. At The New Community School, Commencement is a full-school event that celebrates the accomplishments of our seniors and is an opportunity to wish them well as they go on to the next step in their lives. In many ways, it is a celebration of all of the wonderful things that make TNCS a unique place. We look forward to seeing you at this wonderful celebration!
- Seniors should meet in Massey Hall by 3:45 dressed in cap and gown. Photographers will be at the gazebo from 2:45-3:45 for optional family photos. See full senior requirements here.
- 5th -11th grade students are expected to arrive at school by 4:40pm to line up for the Processional. In order to pay proper respect to this important event, students are asked to dress in Tier 3 attire (Handbook, Page 20):
- Males: Sport coat, dress shirt tucked in, tie, dress pants or khakis, belt, and dress shoes. No baseball caps.
- Females: Dress or skirt (fingertip length or longer), or blouse and slacks. Dress shoes. Flip-flops, clogs, and sneakers are inappropriate.
Summer Reading requirements have been posted on the website. Please feel free to contact Mrs. DelMonte if you have issues with Learning Ally during the summer. We are always happy to get you reading again!
UPPER SCHOOL NEWS
Senior Parents – Please review these Graduation Details with your senior.
- All US fall sports practices begin Monday, August 13.
- All MS fall sports practices begin Tuesday, August 21.
- Check your inbox next week for information on Saber Strong summer strength & conditioning workouts for rising 8th-12th graders.
- Mark your calendar for the Be an 11! program for all MS & US teams on Saturday, August 25. More details coming soon!