Weekly Update: December 16-January 1
Posted by TNCS on Dec 15, 2017
Saturday, December 16
- Arlington Wreath Laying Service Trip
Monday/Tuesday, December 18-19
- Cross-Disciplinary Projects (Grades 5-7) and Exams (Grades 8-12)
Wednesday, December 20
- Make-up Exams
- End of Second Quarter
- Winter Break Begins – no classes December 20-January 2
As a reminder, the dress code applies to exam and grade-level project days, just as it does for normal school days. Thank you!
Chemo Care Kit Project
As part of our Holiday Celebration on Wednesday, December 13th, the Upper School students put together Chemo Care Kits for patients undergoing chemotherapy at VCU this holiday season. We put together over 100 kits for these patients in one afternoon! Thank you for helping us bring cheer to these individuals!
UPPER SCHOOL NEWS
Congratulations to these seniors, who have been accepted to the following colleges!
- Madison: Rutgers University-Newark and Suffolk University
- Carolyn: Ferrum College and Marymount University
- Thomas: Radford University
- Bentley: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Alton: Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture
Alumni Panel on College Experience
On Friday, January 5, Upper School students will hear from a panel of recent alumni about their experiences in college and advice for current TNCS students.
Game schedules and scores can be found on www.tncsathletics.org.
Mondays are pizza days for lunch at TNCS, to benefit the athletic department. Slices of cheese and pepperoni pizza from Domino’s are available. Students place their order on sheets posted on campus. Pizza is $1.50/slice. Drinks are also available for $1.00. Both are billed to the student’s account. Cash is not accepted.
We are looking for parent volunteers to help serve pizza on Mondays from 11:45am – 1:15. Click here to sign up to help!
Jason’s Deli Lunch Options Tuesday – Thursday
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays students are able to purchase in advance lunches from Jason’s Deli. Orders are submitted online by noon the day before delivery. Click here for the order form, which can also be found via a link at the top of the school’s homepage.
Food Truck Fridays
Join us for our Food Truck Fridays! Upper School Lunch, 11:53 – 12:26; Middle School Lunch, 12:33 – 1:06.
- January 5 – Pizza Day – Proceeds benefit Saber Athletics
- January 12 – The Boardwalk
- January 19 – Pizza Day – Proceeds benefit Saber Athletics
- January 26 – Carytown Burgers and Fries