Weekly Update: May 19-25
Posted by TNCS on May 18, 2018
Saturday, May 19
- Retirement Open House, 1-3pm
Monday, May 21
- MS Year-End Trip to Camp Friendship
Tuesday, May 22
- 5th/6th Grade Trip to the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Center
- Senior Speeches
Wednesday, May 23
- US Year-End Trip to Lake Monacan
Friday, May 25
- Academic Awards Assembly, 2:15pm, Activities Center, Tier 3
End of Year Events – Tier 3
With the end of the school year comes several events that require all students to wear Tier 3 dress.Please make sure your child has all of the required items of attire for these school events. Below are the upcoming Tier 3 days, as well as reminders of Tier 3 requirements.
- Upcoming Tier 3 Dress Days – For All Students:
- Friday, May 25: Academic Awards Assembly
- Tuesday, June 5: Graduation
- Tier 3 Requirements (Handbook, Page 20):
- Males: Sport coat, dress shirt tucked in, tie, dress pants or khakis, belt, and dress shoes. No baseball caps.
- Females: Dress or skirt (fingertip length or longer), or blouse and slacks. Dress shoes. Flip-flops, clogs, and sneakers are inappropriate.
- On days of formal occasions, students are expected to arrive to school dressed for the event and remain so dressed for the duration of the school day. Students should not expect to change clothes for the event during the school day.
Academic Awards Assembly
The Academic Awards Assembly is Friday, May 25 at 2:15 in the Gym. Parents are welcome to attend. Please note this is a Tier 3 day for all students.
Summer Online PE
Each summer, several TNCS students take an online PE class in order to make up credits missed due to illness or injury or free up time in their schedule. The class they usually take is called Fitness Fundamentals 1; it is offered through Carone Fitness. The students take the accelerated version, which is an 8 week course (link to register). Contact Ms. Morris with questions about the class. Please give them Mr. Rothschild’s email (email@example.com) as the school contact, to make sure that the school receives grades and credits. You don’t need to register until a week or so before you want your child to begin the class.
The TNCS Summer Programs brochure is live and registration is open! This year’s program includes a new lineup for the Middle School Afternoon Exploratory, Middle School and Upper School Programming, and Verbal and Math PSAT/SAT prep courses. Click here to see this year’s brochure. Register early and save!
Game schedules and scores can be found on www.tncsathletics.org.
MIDDLE SCHOOL NEWS
5/6 Grade Field Trip
The fifth and sixth grade students will be visiting the Virginia Marine Center in Virginia Beach on Tuesday, May 22. A letter and permission slip was distributed in class last week with the details. Permission slips are due by Thursday, May 17 and should be given to Mrs. Taylor. It was listed on the science assignment sheet last week.
After School Study Hall
The last day of After School Study Hall for middle school students will be Thursday, May 17th. Nightly homework for content courses will still be assigned, but any missing work or necessary appointments for exam preparations will be handled by the student and teacher on a case-by-case basis. Please make arrangements to pick up your child at 3:30 starting Monday, May 21st.
UPPER SCHOOL NEWS
Year-End Celebration Trip
Reminder: The US trip to Lake Monacan has been rescheduled for Wednesday, May 23. This is an all-day trip that will return around 5:30.
Senior Parents – Please review these Graduation Details with your senior. Graduation is only 16 days away!
Mondays are pizza days for lunch at TNCS, to benefit the athletic department. Slices of cheese and pepperoni pizza from Domino’s are available. Students place their order on sheets posted on campus. Pizza is $1.50/slice. Drinks are also available for $1.00. Both are billed to the student’s account. Cash is not accepted.
We are looking for parent volunteers to help serve pizza on Mondays from 11:45am – 1:15. Click here to sign up to help!
Jason’s Deli Lunch Options Tuesday – Thursday
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays students are able to purchase in advance lunches from Jason’s Deli. Orders are submitted online by noon the day before delivery. Click here for the order form, which can also be found via a link at the top of the school’s homepage.
Food Truck Fridays
Join us for our Food Truck Fridays! Upper School Lunch, 11:53 – 12:26; Middle School Lunch, 12:33 – 1:06.
- Friday, May 25 – The Boardwalk