For 2017-18, tuition has been set at:
- Middle School (grades 5-8) = $28,910
- Upper School (grades 9-12) = $29,910
Enrollment agreements are offered beginning in February. A Deposit of $1,000 is due with the signed enrollment agreement. This enrollment can be cancelled in writing by May 31st.
Standard 5 payment plan – equal payments in June, July, October, January and March.
Extended 10 payment plan – equal payments in June, July, August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April.
Payments can be made by check, by credit card, or direct debit of a savings or checking account. If you are interested in direct debit (also called ACH), please contact the Business Office for the required documentation.
Modified payment schedules are available depending on need and are arranged through the school’s Business Office.
- IPad required for Grades 5 – 7
- MacBook required for Grades 8 -12
- Books & Supplies, annually estimated at $300
- Box Lunches purchased individually
- Special Trips
- Athletic Fee ($25 per season for all student athletes)
- Supplies purchased through the School Store
Beginning October 24, 2016, families may apply online for financial assistance for the 2017-18 school year by going to SSSbyNAIS.org/parents. The PFS form should be completed online and submitted with required documents by March 15, 2017.
The SSS number for the New Community School is 5304.
For the 2016-17 school year, TNCS awarded $518,200 in need-based assistance. These grants were supported through our endowment and restricted annual gifts. About 30% of our students received some level of financial aid. The average award was $11,265.
For a student to be eligible to apply for financial aid, families must:
- Complete & return the enrollment agreement,
- Provide the required deposit,
- Provide all required documentation (completed online PFS, tax returns, W-2’s, etc.), and
- Be current on financial obligations (returning families).
For questions about the financial aid process contact Joy Buzzard, Director of Finance & Operations: 804.266.2494 x2211, email@example.com.