When you’re part of The New Community School, you become a part of a child’s life. That’s a role we take very seriously at TNCS – therefore, our hiring is very selective. But the rewards of working here are countless.
All faculty members serve as advisors to students and have the opportunity to assist in other aspects of the program, including extra-curricular activities and athletics. The school provides extensive pre-service and in-service training for new faculty, including a mentoring program.
Employees of The New Community School enjoy:
- Individual coverage for health insurance paid by the school.
- Option to extend the health insurance plan at your own expense to cover other family members and/or a PPO type plan.
- Disability insurance to include short and long term disability paid by the school.
- Membership in a professional organization with fee (not to exceed $75) paid by the school.
- Option for a payroll deduction system to help you save money in a TIAA-CREF SRA or Retirement Plan.
- Tuition costs reimbursed for up to two required courses (not to exceed six credit hours per year).
- Contributes to an employee’s retirement account by the school after the first year of employment.
The New Community School is dedicated to equality of opportunity. The School does not condone discrimination against students, employees, or applicants in any form. The New Community School commits itself to positive action to secure equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
The New Community School currently has an opening for a Middle School Science Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Click here to learn more: MS Science Teacher – Job Description.